Although I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of hers, nor the way she acts online, there is still a big message that needs to be talked about in the cosplay community and western culture in general. So please consider the following:
- Getting a boob job is not synonymous to ‘I want to be looked at’ (and even if it was? There is nothing wrong with that.)
- Wearing an attire that accents skin/breasts does not mean your intention is for someone to stare at you/hit on you
- Feeling comfortable enough in your body to wear something like this does not mean you have to put up with sexist commentary
- No matter what you are wearing, you are allowed to feel uncomfortable with the attention others give you offline/online
- And you have every right to tell people who treat you like a piece of meat that they do so and it makes you uncomfortable
- If you tell anyone that if someone wears a certain outfit/costume that they should expect that sort of commentary, instead of defending their right to wear whatever the fuck they want without harassment then you are submitting further to rape culture by blaming her for others bad behavior so please unlike the page and go jerk off in a corner to something else.
there are so many major creeps in the cosplay community. skimpy cosplay is not an invitation for harassment.
The Truth Behind Heroes Of Cosplay: New Orleans
Heroes of Cosplay is a popular tv series on SyFy that showcases certain cosplayers at conventions across the US. But what you might not know about it is how this show treats the people at conventions… the ones that aren’t the “elite” few, the cosplayers and convention goers behind the camera. I never had to deal with them until they came into my town - New Orleans. I thought it would be a great opportunity to see this show in person but my opinion quickly changed.
The way they treated my fellow cosplaying friends and the way they took over our beloved costume contest was completely inexcusable. There were a few mishaps on the convention floor but a majority of the issues came around the time of the Costume Contest. This was my third time attending Wizard World New Orleans and usually the costume contest is done in 1-2 hours. This one took over 2 hours just to get through the individual category. It was clearly being staged because only certain cosplayers were being allowed to talk about their costumes on stage, everyone else was rushed off. I didn’t realize it at the time but the ones they stopped to chat about were mostly Heroes of Cosplay participants. They didn’t care one bit about anyone else. It became really painful to watch/participate when I saw beautiful and elaborate costumes getting rushed off because they weren’t one of the “elite few” from the show.
After the contest was over, my friends and I went on to enjoy the rest of the convention as much as possible. Some of us completely shut out the competition because it was the black mark of the whole show. I began gathering stories from my friends and fellow Wizard World convention goers. Then other people began approaching me with their account of what happened. Here are our collected thoughts:
Encounters on the Convention Floor:
This happened Saturday around 2:30pm the Cosplay Circuit Digital Hall Awards photobooth, where they take your photograph and post it on the Wizard World site. Jesse Lagers tried to cut in line in front of me. The obnoxious camera crew’s goal was to cut the “Costume Contest Winner” into the line. I was sandwiched right between him and the AVP guys. The costume contest didn’t happen until later that night. They decided the winners for the contest before the show even started.
I just want to chime in for a second here… I have always loved Yaya, she was always nice to me over the last 3 years and I really admired her up until WW New Orleans. Now I’m a photographer at alot of Cons and I’ve worked for Wizard World for years. This year I wasn’t working for them because I was working exclusively for a very well known website. When I passed by her just in walking around the con floor she pretty much stopped me and was like Oh you ARE going to take my picture now. I was crazy
Skill level of cosplayers I look up to
My skill level
♀♂♃☿☽~Eternally Sailor Moon Crystal Celebration Giveaway!~☾☿♃♂♀
Hello everyone! I’m having a giveaway in celebration of Sailor Moon Crystal premiering and for being back from a hiatus. ^_^
- Must be following me, witchydoll.
- To enter, you must reblog this. You may reblog as many times as you like!
- You can like this for reference!
- Will ship internationally!
- I will chose a winner in a month (August 9th right before my birthday)
What You Will Win!:
- A new Sailor Moon action figure
- ANY contacts from pinkyparadise.com
- 12” Luna plushie! (I have a picture in my personal photos, one of my favorite plushies ever)
- An oversized comfortable Luna sweater
Anddd that’s pretty much it! Have fun and good luck! (｡◕ ‿ ◕｡)
"She’s so cheerful and brave. When she smiles like that, you’d never know that she’s hurting inside."
my little animation for my fellow ravers
Tumblr finally works on the wifi I use at work :D yaaaay
Now to finally get my own internet and my life will be complete *weeps*
Tokyo Ghoul + Faceless